The Livestock Markets Association of Canada is a non-profit association of livestock marketing businesses.
Our members suppport the following code:
Code of Marketing Standards and Principles
As a member of the Livestock Markets Association of Canada, this marketing business pledges to uphold the following marketing standards and principles. We pledge to:
- Maintain the highest standards of honesty and integrity in all transactions.
- Strive for the complete satisfaction of our customers.
- Provide true and accurate weights
- Accurately describe and represent all animals
- Maintain a sound financial basis by assuring that full payment is made to sellers and received from buyers, in accordance with the terms of the transaction.
- Provide adequate, humane and serviceable facilities.
- Maintain the highest standards of livestock health and disease prevention.
- Comply with federal and provincial livestock marketing laws.
- Uphold the principle of complete freedom of choice for buyers and sellers in selecting the manner, method and means of buying and selling livestock.
- Promote the principle of free and open competition throughout the livestock marketing industry.Support all aspects of the Livestock Markets Association of Canada's Good Handling Program.